Because being a camp facilitator is one epic experience. :)
IN THE BEGINNING SUMMER CAMP 2010.
I never thought it would be that awesome. I didn't expect much to happen, I just know that God will be the one who will work to make this camp a successful one.
Intermission Number: I was about to blog about our summer classes but I was waaaaay too lazy, that's why I didn't do it anymore. Hahaha! And since I posted a note on Facebook regarding the camp, I'll do a blog and copy and paste some of the stuff I wrote there. :D
K, so I'll do a rough summary of what happened at camp from my point of view.
May 19, 2010. First day.
Morning
- Arrived second at church (First sina Ate Lyn and Ellaine, they're sisters and that's counted as one. Haha! :P) at about 6:15am. 7am kasi ang call time and we need to be earlier than the campers, of course.
- Kuya Chuq with the L300 van arrived at around 7:30am. First to go were the stuff and equipment together with some marshalls
- Jeepney arrived to take campers there.
- We waited for 48 years for the L300 to come back!
- Orientations for the campers were made and I finally met my team.. Hello, Team Roberto! :)
- Flag and Yell in the making!
- Roberto was the first group to get a merit (point) kasi I brought my own paint! Hahaha! Yes, I'm one prepared faci!
- My members cannot give out creative juices 'coz they're hungry na daw! Hahaha! So I asked our camp coordinators, Kuya Ges and Ate Roma, if puwede munang maglunch. They said yes and we had our first lunch! :D
Afternoon
- The girls made our team yell out of random stuff and random thinking (haha) while the guys made our flag. 2 minutes were left and we were practicing our yell when Kuya Topher suddenly came up with an idea which everyone liked. Haha.
- Yell presentation! Turns out.. We were the most prepared team for the yell! Hahaha!
- First session: The Source; Speaker: Ptr. Boyet Garcia.
- Exam for the flock fleaders. Our team got one point out of 10, the highest score was 3. Hahaha! But still, our flock leader did his best! :D
- T-shirt printing and hulaan-ng-title-ng-kanta game. Haha. WE WON! Yay! "CS Lewis Sung!" Hahahahaha! Joanna, epic fail :))
Evening
- Second session: Anatomy; Speaker: Ptr Dan Magcaling. This was supposed to be the fifth session, but because of the availability of the pastors, the schedule changed
- There were some issues we need to settle and deal with
- Problematic of where we would sleep. Haha! The female camp staff were supposed to sleep at the house's terrace kaso super malamok and there was not enough space for all of us. So we ended up stealing the guys' tent =)))))
- I had allergy attacks so I didn't get to sleep well, well, most of us didn't sleep! Haha. Kasi nga super malamok as in, saka super init din. I got to sleep for 10 minutes every after 30-45 minutes.
May 20, 2010. Second day.
Morning
- Surprised the campers with a collage (kind of a game where your team must be united and a member must not be taken away from the team) at 5am. Haha! They were all too drowsy when we woke them up. Hahaha!
- They got an early morning dose of scolding from Ate Roma :)))))
- Morning devotions :) Too bad I wasn't part of it because I need to go to DFA for our passport renewal :((
- DFA. Too bored. Too sleepy. All I did was sleep, wait, and think of what's already happening at camp and how is my team doing.
- Finished at 11am. Reached campsite at about 12pm.
- The missions activity - the campers should share God's word to different kinds of groups (the indigenous group who doesn't know about language, the genius group, and the group of witches) portrayed by the camp staff. I became part of the genius group although they were already starting. Haha. Kawawa ung campers kasi di sila makakapaglunch kapag di nila nasharean ung group.
- I didn't eat lunch kasi ayaw ko ng ulam. HAHA! Pasaway na bata :P
Afternoon
- Fifth Session: Ganun lang kadali!; Speaker: Ptr. Ronaldo Guanzon
- Challenges! :D Our team may not be the best dun sa 1st two challenges, but the Human Trampoline challenge was the bessssttt! Grabe. I couldn't explain my joy dun sa challenge na un. The members made me ride our group's trampoline and I felt like I was riding a roller coaster. <3
Evening
- Last dinner :((
- Practice for Don't Touch HV. I was crying when we started kasi hindi ako makagetover sa tuwa ko sa team namin. Tears of joy. <3 :')
- I was losing my voice already. Hahaha.
- Sixth Session: Are you one of us?; Speakers: Ate Roma and Kuya Ges
- 11pm = Night swimming! Hahaha! Night swimming na wala namang swimming :)) Lulubog-lilitaw lang. Haha. At whispers lang ang usap. Grabe :)) Pero I super had fun kahit na ganun lang ung "swimming" ng staff.
- Good night's rest. Wooooot. Even though I woke up every hour, it was still gooood. Haha. God gave us a cold wheather and no mosquitoes! Yeah!
May 21, 2010. Last day.
Morning
- Staff's morning devo
- Extreme collage! Grabe, super pinagtulungan nila ung team namin as in sobra talaga :)) I was in brutal mode since I was kicking and punching all marshalls na pinagtutulungan team namin. Grabe talaga un. Haha. While all other teams were just staring at us, our team is struggling para walang makuha samin. Haha. Woot. :)
- Group's morning devo.. I made them share the best part of the camp for them. I love our team so much! I was really touched with their answers.. <3
- Harana and Pasasalamat sa aming truly amazing camp cooks! :)
- The "manguha ng ID" task of Team Roberto. Haha.
- Explanation of flags
- Seventh Session: Foot and Mouth Disease; Speaker: Sis. Cris Ighut
- My voice magically disappeared. Hahaha! I don't even know why, I just didn't speak for a few minutes and then when I opened my mouth, I don't have any voice anymore :))
- Awarding: We won best flag! Yaaaaayy! And even though we don't have that much merits with high points, we still reach a thousand and more! Haha! Yay us!
- Water baptism!
- Last lunch together. Awwww. :(
Afternoon
- Most of the delegates went swimming! Haha.
- I didn't wanna go home yet. So dun ako sa 2nd to the last ride sumakay.
- Can't accept camp's over already. Hahaha.
So there. Whew! That was long :)) Told you it was rough. Hahaha! Kidding. XD And because I'm too lazy (again) to compose/write a new reflection, I'll just copy-paste what I wrote on my facebook account. :D
Reflections, Thank you's, and Sorry's. :)
Si Lord talaga nagmomove even in the most little ways and in ways we can never imagine. Yes, I've already been to camps. But this was my first time to be a facilitator. Nakikita ko lang dati kung anong mga ginagawa nila. Before, gusto ko na lang maging camper habang buhay kasi nga ang sarap maging camper. Hahaha. But of course, si Lord hindi papayag na ganun ka na lang. And I've discovered na mas masarap pala na ikaw mismo ung ginagamit Niya para maging channel ng blessing than ikaw ung laging binebless.
STAFF. I know hindi biro maging staff ng isang camp. Lalo na, hindi talaga biro maging coordinators mismo. Kaya I really salute each one of the staffs, especially Kuya Ges and Ate Roma na talaga namang todo bigay kahit pagod na. Pati mga marshalls na halos walang tulog, great job! Super duper thanks nga pala. Hehe. Kasi kahit na nasaktan ko kayo nung "brutal mode" ko, sorry and salamat kasi dahil sa ginawa niya, naging super mas bonded kami ng team namin. :) Facis, alam ko mahirap maging faci... Pero nagawa nating lahat! Congrats, everyone!
ROBERTO. I really thank God for the lives of these young people.. Kasi I know na hindi accident na sila naging teammates ko. God's will baga. Hahaha. Lagi akong naiiyak tuwing naaalala ko ung sa human trampoline. Naiyak pa ko sa harap nilang lahat! Hahaha! XD Kasi that was the moment na naramdaman ko na talaga at ipinaalala sakin ni Lord na napakasarap magfall back sa foundation na Siya mismo ang gumawa and I know na ung foundation na un eh nasa puso ng each camper na 'to. :) Nakakatuwa din kasi when we were sharing during our last devo, may mga nagsabi ng reflections even at the smallest details of the camp and natuwa sila kasi kahit pinagtulungan kami nung collage, united pa rin kami and nung bandang huli lang may nakuha samin. Pati nung awarding ng best faci, nung narinig ko na sinisigaw nila ung name ko, that was enough. That was more than enough. Yun na ung trophy ko sa pagiging faci ko. I felt like that was God's way of telling me that I have done my part and I did it well. I was REALLY touched. Hindi ko ineexpect na gagawin nila un. Haha. I really really thank God for their lives and this opportunity. Pati sa 10-year-old ko, super tuwa ko talaga. Kahit hindi siya nagsasalita sa group discussions, when I asked for their prayer request, ang sinabi niya, "Sana po next camp tayo pa rin magkakasama." Super muntik na talaga ako maiyak nun. Hahaha. :)) At kahit na hindi kami winner sa challenges, nakikita ko talaga ung effort and teamwork sa kanila at nakaabot pa kami ng 1000+ points kahit na puro violet and blue ang merits namin. Hahaha! Sila pa rin ang best team sa puso ko. Yii. :))
I know ganyan din ang reflections niyo sa kanya-kanyang team. :)
Sayang lang talaga, nawala ako ng kalahating araw. Haha. Feeling ko kasi kahit half day lang, ang dami kong namiss. Nung nasa DFA nga kami, tatlo lang ang ginawa ko - maghintay, matulog, at mag-alala/isipin kung ano na nangyayari sa team namin. Haha! But the Lord is still good, kasi dininig niya ang prayers ko na mapabilis ung processing and such, kaya nakabalik ako ng maaga. :D
Lastly, ok lang kahit maubos and boses at ang energy, kasi alam naman nating lahat na para kay Lord at hindi para sa worldly things ang mga ginawa natin. Fulfilling talaga if you know in your heart na kay Lord ka gumawa. ;)
So yun, sorry! Mahaba. Hahaha. :)) I miss camp so much already. :(
Next year ulit!!!!! :D